Sequence Generator Pro can import target sets (lists of targets) from both AstroPlanner and Starry Nights. When a target is imported into Sequence Generator Pro it will appear in the "Target List" box of the sequencer. Inspecting its properties will show that it also imports the location specific to that target.
To do this, click in the File menu, then on the "Import Targets" menu. Finally, select the application from which you would like to import:
After selecting a file for import, you will be presented with a dialog that will allow for imported targets to be created with centering or slewing options checked by default (otherwise SGPro will assume that will do this manually). Obviously, these options should only be used if you are importing location data (in J2000).
If you are using AstroPlanner 2.2 or earlier:
1. Have your plan document open and at the front.
2. File > Export > Generic Text, Excel, XML, or JSON file…
3. Click the Clear All button under the Field Definitions list.
4. Select XML as the Text Format.
5. Make sure the Use localised formatting checkbox is OFF
6. Click the "+" button under the Field Definitions list.
7. Using the Value popup, select Object: ID
8. Click the "+" button under the Field Definitions list.
9. Using the Value popup, select Object: RA
10. Click the "+" button under the Field Definitions list.
11. Using the Value popup, select Object: Dec
12. Choose what plan objects you want to export in Objects to export.
13. Click Export… to export the XML file. Note that you might have to edit the exported file's name to have an .xml extension afterwards.
If you are using AstroPlanner 2.3 or later:
Simply select File > Export > Sequence Generator Pro Target List…
Starry Nights requires that you create an "Observing List" and then export this as a simple text file. To do this, first click on the "Lists" tab (on the left side). Once this tab is open you either need to select or create a new Observing list:
Finally, after selecting the list of interest, there will be an "Export" button at the bottom of the tab pane (below all the targets in that list):
Click export and save the file to disk. This is the file you will want to import into SGPro.
Unlike the other types of imports, this option does not require ingestion of a file. Instead, you will use the website address of your DSO-Browser observing list.
When you arrive at the DSO-Browser website and log in using your DSO-Browser account, you will see a navigation bar at the top. Choose the "My Observing List" option.
When you click this menu item, you will be presented with your DSO-Browser observing list. If it's your first time here, it will be empty. Follow local instructions to populate your list. What SGPro needs in order to produce viable targets from your list is the URL. At this point, you can just copy it from your browser's address bar:
Then in SGPro, simply paste it into the target import dialog:
Click OK and you're done!
Note: The DSO-Browser list import will populate suggested start and end-times based on visibility at your location. You will need to review these times before running the sequence.